The New Pledge of Allegiance
"I Pledge Allegiance to the President of the State of Amerika and to the Regulatory Czars by which He Commands. One Fundamentally Transformed Nation Under Staggering Debt With Fairness And Equality For the Masses Determined By a Few."
Chief Justice Roberts, this is your legacy.
The difference between the stench of the Roberts' Court decision and the Burger Court in Woe v Wade is that we are still alive to do something about it!
What to do about it?
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams
There are plenty of patriotic sites from Freedom Works to GBTV advocating action steps, but as individuals we must light the brushfires of freedom whenever and wherever we can. Four things necessary to light a fire:
• Ignitor: be the ignitor in your circle of friends, family and associates by being grounded in the essentials of liberty. This will help you avoid getting set back on your heels by trying to defend the indefensible such as why Romney passed the state version of Obamacare.
• Tinder: focus on the timeless principles that easily ignite in the hearts of true men such as personal responsibility, life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, Nature's Laws and Nature's God, reason, equality of all men, truth, love and respect.
• Kindling: tinder burns out quickly unless materials of substance are added to the fire to bring it to a blaze. Start a study group to teach the principles of liberty such as:
- All Men Are Created Equal
- Balance of Power to check usurpation of authority
- Constitutional Construction that protects from abuse of power
- Democracy vs Republic
- Equal Rights Not Equal Things
- Free Market Economy
- God's Divine Law Is the Basis for Man's Laws
Cleon Skousen's book The Five Thousand Year Leap identifies twenty-eight principles the Founders used to construct the greatest governing document in the history of men.
The Patriot Post's Essential Liberty Project is another great resource.
• Fuel: a wildfire erupts when the insatiable desire to burn goes unchecked. America needs the consuming fire of principled people -- hot for freedom -- holding elected officials feet to the fire of essential liberty!
Moral apathy and gross ignorance in public affairs has led to being led by evil men. May God grant us repentance that leads to the knowledge of the truth. May we escape the enslavement that comes from abandoning timeless truth for the siren call of self-absorption.
"I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for Which It Stands. One Nation, Under God, With Liberty and Justice for All."