RNC: Biden’s Birthday Year-in-Review
Concerns are growing over Joe Biden’s ability to effectively serve another term.
By the Republican National Committee
Concerns Are Growing Over Biden’s Ability To Effectively Serve Another Term
OVER THE PAST YEAR AMERICAN CONFIDENCE IN BIDEN’S JOB PERFORMACE HAS FALLEN
- Americans agree: Joe Biden’s job performance is a concern going into the 2024 elections.
- According to a recent ABC News/Ipsos poll, Americans are not giving Biden’s presidency an endorsement.
- 26% approval on immigration/border security (net -44)
- 29% approval on inflation (-40)
- 32% approval on gun violence (-33)
- 33% approval on crime (-31)
- 33% approval on Iran (-29)
- 36% approval on the economy (-25)
- 39% approval on climate change (-18)
- 39% approval on abortion (-19)
- 41% approval on Ukraine/Russia war (-15)
- 41% approval on Israel/Hamas war (-13)
- Making matters worse, 77 percent of Americans, including 69 percent of Democrats, say Biden is too old to be effective for another four more years, according to an AP-NORC poll
- A poll by Monmouth University had similar findings – 76 percent of voters, including 56 percent of Democrats, think Biden is too old to effectively serve another term.
- According to a poll by NBC News, three-quarters of voters say they’re concerned about Biden’s age and mental fitness.
VOTERS ARE INCREASINGLY CONCERNED ABOUT BIDEN’S EFFECTIVENES
- If elected in 2024, Biden would be 86 years old at the end of his second term.
- Biden’s close advisors admit that his age has diminished his energy and significantly limited his schedule.
- White House aides say that “it’s difficult to schedule public or private events with the president in the morning, in the evening, or on weekends.”
- The White House has made several adjustments to compensate for Biden’s advanced age, including extra-large font on his teleprompter and note cards to direct him what to say and who to call on.
- For independent voters such as Bernadette Wright, there are serious concerns about his mental capability: “We’re not talking about age here, we’re talking about aptitude. We’re talking about his ability to perform.”
- Just 32 percent of Americans think Biden has “mental sharpness” for a second term, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll.
BIDEN HAS FAILED TO TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR HIS JOB PERFORMANCE
- Biden campaigned on “transparency,” but he has repeatedly refused to answer questions from the press as president.
- The White House admitted that they do not “recommend” Biden take “impromptu reporter questions.”
- Biden has done fewer press conferences than any president in the past 30 years.
- Biden set a “modern record,” as he waited more than two months to hold his first press conference.
- Within the last century, “no president has gone as long as Biden without conducting a formal session with White House reporters.”
- Biden has done fewer interviews than any president in modern history.
- Biden has only done 13 sit-down interviews total this year, including interviews conducted by Comedy Central and The Weather Channel.
- Biden has done just one Sunday Show interview as president.
- Tomorrow, Biden heads to Nantucket – where the average home price is $5 million – for yet another vacation.
- Biden has already spent the last six weekends in a row on vacation.
- Since taking office, Biden has spent a total of 404 days on vacation – equivalent to 39 percent of his presidency.
BIDEN’S DOMESTIC POLICIES HAVE FAILED TO PRODUCE POSITIVE RESULTS
- Biden and his economic agenda have faced brutal polling — and everybody is feeling the impact of “Bidenomics.”
- Americans have seen a 3 percent pay cut since Biden took office.
- Prices have risen by 17.6 percent since Biden took office.
- Under Biden, inflation remains more than double the level of inflation under any of the last four presidents.
- Homeownership is considered “unaffordable” in 99 percent of the country.
- The average monthly payment for a new vehicle has reached a record high.
- Gas prices remain close to $1/gallon higher than when Biden took office.
- Middle-class households lost, on average, more than $33,000 from July 2022 to July 2023 in real wealth.
- More than $2 trillion in middle-class wealth has been eliminated over the past two years.
- Nearly half of Americans have been forced to stop saving for retirement due to inflation.
- Paying bills and saving for emergencies has replaced saving for retirement as the top concern of American workers between the ages of 21 and 64.
- Interest rates are at their highest in more than two decades.
- The typical American household is spending about $730/month more for the same goods and services than one year ago.
- Average food prices in U.S. cities have risen by 20 percent under Biden.
- Most Americans report living paycheck-to-paycheck.
- Most Americans report feeling “financially stressed.”
- A majority of Americans say they’re not on track to comfortably retire.
- Job growth has slowed as unemployment rises.
- Only two percent of voters across six key swing states rate the economy as “excellent.”
BIDEN IS FACING CRISES AROUND THE WORLD
- Biden’s pattern of weakness on the world stage and attempts at appeasement with terrorists has emboldened America’s enemies.
- As former Defense Secretary Bob Gates said, Biden “has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”
- In the Middle East:
- In Europe:
- Biden lifted sanctions on Putin’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline, even though he was warned that the move was a “calamitous foreign policy disaster.”
- Biden undermined American energy production, weakening our influence and empowering malign producers of energy like Russia.
- In Ukraine, Biden promised to keep Putin in check, but he has failed.
- In Asia:
- Biden continues to ignore a growing number of aggressive provocations from the Chinese Communist Party.
- He gave the CCP a pass on their COVID obstruction, let their spy balloon gather intelligence from sensitive military sites, promoted the use of the CCP spyware app TikTok, and is standing idly by as China reportedly sets up a spy base in Cuba.
- In North America:
BIDEN’S STUMBLES CONTINUE TO PILE UP
- Extremism, confusion, and obfuscation are the trademarks of Biden’s presidency.
- Biden has a long track record of making up extravagant stories, frequently lying about events which “never took place.”
- Biden has been compared to a human Roomba, as he often seems to get confused as to where to go.
- Biden has to frequently ask staff who he is supposed to take questions from and yield to.
- In what seems to be a daily occurrence, Biden gets mixed up. In just the past month, Biden:
- Read the “period” from his pre-written script.
- Referred to his vice president as “President Harris.”
- Referred to Justin Trudeau as “Prime Minister Joe.”
- Talked to the National Hockey League champions about football.
- Told a made-up story about almost attending the Naval Academy.
- Told a made-up story about an Amtrak conductor congratulating him for traveling more than a million miles on Amtrak.
Start a conversation using these share links: