The Patriot Post® · Tuesday Short Cuts

By Publius ·

The Gipper: “We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free.”

Upright: “When Senator Sanders cries, ‘The system is rigged!’ no one asks, ‘Just what specifically does that mean?’ or ‘What facts do you have to back that up?’ In 2015, the 400 richest people in the world had net losses of $19 billion. If they had rigged the system, surely they could have rigged it better than that.” —Thomas Sowell

A vast right-wing conspiracy: “Hillary Clinton is going to win this primary. I say enough is enough. Let’s get to the major problems facing this nation. … I think this is a woman who wants a little bit of a private life. She wants to be able to communicate with [her] husband, with [her] daughter, with friends and not have somebody looking over her shoulder into her emails.” —Sen. Dianne Feinstein downplaying the Clinton email scandal

“We can certainly argue about the way in which [NSA leaker Edward] Snowden did what he did, but I think that he actually performed a public service by raising the debate that we engaged in and by the changes that we made.” —Eric Holder

Braying Jackass: “Start a family devalues any couple who doesn’t happen to have kids, for whatever reason. It even sells single people short, who may not have children but do have ‘chosen’ families of friends — not to mention families of origin (the ready-made kind, no assembly required). … For the sake of all the ways to be in the world, it’s time to put an end to start a family.” —Washingtonian magazine’s Bill O'Sullivan

Dezinformatsia: “If people have found the U.S. to be preachy in the years since Hiroshima and Nagasaki about the use of weapons, it’s because we’re the only nation to have used them in anger.” —MSNBC’s Brian Williams

Late-night humor: “A new survey asked Americans which candidate they’d want to sit next to on a plane and 37% chose Donald Trump. Meanwhile, the other 63% missed their flight waiting in the TSA line.” —Jimmy Fallon