Read Cal Thomas, Victor Davis Hanson, Jeff Jacoby, Larry Elder, Todd Starnes and more.
Best of Right Opinion
- Victor Davis Hanson: Christmas Lessons From California
- Cal Thomas: The Ultimate Christmas Gift
- Jeff Jacoby: Canadians Wait — and Wait — to See the Doctor
- Larry Elder: Suppose President Barack Obama Spent Year 1 Battling ‘Collusion’?
- Todd Starnes: Ho! Ho! What?!? Children’s Book Depicts Santa as Gay, Black Man
For more of today’s columns, visit Right Opinion.
Opinion in Brief
Victor Davis Hanson: “What are the lessons for the nation from … 21st-century California? Fix premodern problems before dreaming about postmodern solutions. Loudly virtue-signaling about addressing misdemeanors does not excuse quietly ignoring felonies. Learn how an entire culture is fed, housed and fueled before faulting those who address such needs. Adopt a little humility in admitting that most of the state is an artificial construct of affluent millions living in a delicate ecosystem where nature never intended them to cluster — impossible without constant multibillion-dollar investments in water, agriculture, housing and transportation. Remember that voting progressively in the abstract does not automatically translate into living progressively in the concrete.”