Wednesday Executive News Summary
Deportation embargo blocked, impeachment trial balloon, secretary of state confirmed, and more.
Top of the Fold
Not so fast: Federal judge temporarily blocks Joe Biden’s deportation moratorium (PJ Media)
Republican senators largely side against holding Trump impeachment trial. Translation: Conviction is a pipe dream. (AP)
Government & Politics
- Trump team rightly disavows “Patriot Party” groups, has no plans to leave Republican Party (Daily Wire)
“With the conservative vote divided, the Democrat Party easily dominates. If the country is divided 50/50 and you split the conservative vote, we lose. And that does nothing to advance the conservative cause. Thankfully, President Trump appreciates that reality, and he publicly disavowed the newly formed Patriot Party.” —Gary Bauer
- With 78-22 vote, Senate confirms Antony Blinken as secretary of state (AP)
- Top Democrats introduce bill to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025 (Business Insider)
The article states, “According to an analysis conducted by the Economic Policy Institute, the Act would increase wages for nearly 32 million Americans.” But how many millions will lose their job?
Press Secretary Jen Psaki, whose boss lambasted “Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering,” is grilled over travel ban hypocrisy (Post Millennial)
Biden’s White House victory fueled by record-shattering $145 million in “dark money,” far outstripping Trump’s $28.4 million (Fox News)
Two hundred House Republicans sign letter to protect Hyde Amendment, which outlaws taxpayer funding of abortion (Fox News)
Newsweek retroactively edits 2015 Army Ranger report to support Salon hit piece on Tom Cotton (Fox News)
Washington Post admits Biden killed 11,000 Keystone-affiliated jobs, but still “fact-checks” Ted Cruz for not calling the construction jobs “temporary” (Daily Wire)
- San Francisco school board tosses 44 iconic school names in controversial move (San Francisco Chronicle) | Dianne Feinstein is among the names that will be purged (Fox News)
U.S. orders additional 200 million doses of COVID vaccine (CNBC)
Even after being locked up together for months, American birth rates are tanking even further (Not the Bee) | And yet, an astonishing one in five Americans (68 million) has a sexually transmitted infection (UPI)
Justice Department rescinds Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy (NPR)
All border wall construction was stopped on Tuesday night (Examiner)
Biden restores aid to the Palestinians (NPR)
Odds & Ends
Now that the election’s over, court says Virginia rule allowing late ballots missing postmark was illegal, but at least it will be permanently banned (Daily Caller)
Biden education pick is anti-science when it comes to returning to classrooms (Free Beacon)
We’re Shocked — Shocked!
- Woman who made mittens worn by Bernie Sanders in meme quit making them after taxes crushed her business — and yet she still supports the socialist (Examiner)
- To solve backed-up vaccine drive-thru in South Carolina, mayor calls in Chick-fil-A (Disrn)
On a Lighter Note…
- Gemologist cracks open an agate stone and finds Cookie Monster (Disrn)
Policy: Biden’s immigration policy will harm Americans and migrants alike (Daily Signal)
Policy: Will Janet Yellen mortgage America’s future? (The Hill)
Satire: “You can reopen now!” Governor Newsom shouts at row of abandoned, dilapidated buildings (Babylon Bee)
For more of today’s editors’ choice headlines, visit Headline Report.
The Patriot Post is a certified ad-free news service, unlike third-party commercial news sites linked on this page, which may also require a paid subscription.
- Executive Summary