The Patriot Post® · Another Disgusting Smear
Thursday night a story broke in The Atlantic claiming the president refused to attend a ceremony honoring our World War I veterans and even insulted our deceased war heroes during a trip to France in 2018. Yes, this story is based on something that The Atlantic claims took place nearly two years ago.
All the sources are anonymous. This report does not meet any standards of journalism. You can bet that if someone heard these alleged remarks two years ago, it would have come out then, not 60 days before the election. It’s a hit piece plain and simple.
It is part of the ongoing effort to smear and destroy a president who has taken on the political establishment of this country in order to reestablish America as a great nation.
Sources say the president is more upset about this outrageous smear than they have ever seen him. When he arrived at Andrews Air Force Base late Thursday night, reporters expected the president to go straight back to the White House. Instead, he stopped to address several reporters and blasted the story.
The president said:
It’s a total lie. It’s fake news. It’s a disgrace, and frankly it’s a disgrace to your profession… If people really exist that would have said that, they’re lowlifes and they’re liars. And I would be willing to swear on anything that I never said that about our fallen heroes. There is nobody that respects them more… What animal would say such a thing?
Multiple people who were there with him in France immediately denounced The Atlantic report as false. Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted: “The Atlantic story on Donald Trump is total BS. I was actually there and one of the people part of the discussion — this never happened.”
Jordan Karem, the president’s former body man, tweeted: “Again, this is 100% false. I was next to @POTUS the whole day! The President was greatly disappointed when told we couldn’t fly there. He was incredibly eager to honor our Fallen Heroes.”
Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino tweeted, “I was with POTUS in France … Complete lies by ‘anonymous sources.’”
Sadly, this story is just one more indication of the lengths the left will go to in order to destroy Donald Trump so it can destroy us and finish its fundamental transformation of America.
It’s been a tough week for the progressive left, which seems to believe it can only prosper if America is laid low.
We got hints from the CDC that a vaccine might be available by the end of October.
Earlier this week, we learned that manufacturing activity surged to its highest level in 16 years.
Thursday, we learned that weekly jobless claims fell to 881,000 versus expectations of 950,000.
And Friday morning the Labor Department announced that 1.37 million new jobs were created last month. All demographics benefited. The unemployment rate fell from 10.2% to 8.4% — a tremendous decline that far surpassed the experts’ predictions of 9.8%.
It is important to note that this economic growth is happening in spite of the fact that several liberal states like California and New York are still largely shut down. This growth is happening in the rest of America.
Trump/Pence Stand for Life
Thursday, President Trump released an open letter to pro-life voters promising to continue to stand firm for the sanctity of life in his second term. The letter was released through the Pro-Life Voices for Trump coalition, which I am proud to be part of.
In the letter, President Trump vowed to:
Continue transforming the federal courts with conservative judges who will respect the Constitution.
Promote pro-life legislation in Congress.
Fully defund the abortion industry, including Planned Parenthood.
The choice for pro-life voters this year is clear. President Trump and Vice President Pence have led the most pro-life administration in history. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are pro-abortion extremists.
You can read the president’s letter here. Please be certain to share it with like-minded friends and family members!