RNC: Biden and Democrats’ War on Women
The attacks extend from the economy to motherhood to women’s sports and spaces to the very definition of the word “woman.”
By the Republican National Committee
POLLS SHOW WOMEN ARE REJECTING BIDEN AND DEMOCRATS
- Biden’s radical policies have waged a war on women across the country, leading to women increasingly rejecting Biden – and the Democrat Party – for failing to best represent their interests.
- Between skyrocketing inflation and far-left policies, it’s no wonder why 89 percent of females believe the country is on the wrong track.
THE BIDEN ECONOMY IS LEAVING WOMEN BEHIND
- Women and families are suffering under Biden’s economy, faced with rising prices and shortages of feminine hygiene products and baby formula.
- A majority of women say inflation is the top issue of concern for their family.
- Biden has overseen a shortage on feminine hygiene products which has led women to resort to reportedly “using the insides of mattresses, cut-up dirty sheets and t-shirts” as a replacement to the products they need.
- On top of a tampon shortage, Biden has overseen a baby formula shortage with the in stock rate dropping “to the lowest level so far this year” despite the Biden administration knowing about the crisis since last year.
- Katie Thompson, a mother of two: “I don’t know how I’m going to feed my child … now going to the shelves and there’s nothing there … this is scary.”
- Ashleigh, a Jacksonville mother whose son needs a specific formula: “I cannot get food for my child. I cannot feed my son.”
- Democrats have resorted to blaming worried mothers “buying a lot” for the formula shortage.
- It’s not just infants that mothers across the country are struggling to feed – moms are also having trouble feeding their families amid 40-year high inflation.
DEMOCRATS CAN’T EVEN DEFINE WHAT A WOMAN IS
- In April, Biden Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson was unable to define what a woman is, claiming she was “not a biologist.”
- Biden’s FY 2021 and 2022 budgets replaced the word “mothers” with “birthing people.”
- When questioned about using “birthing people” in the budget, Biden’s OMB Deputy Director Shalanda Young doubled down.
- Biden and Democrats’ radical “Build Back Broke” agenda repeatedly refers to mothers as “pregnant,” “lactating,” and “postpartum individuals.”
- Biden’s CDC used the term “pregnant person” in their COVID-19 vaccine guidance.
- Democrats have given a voice to the far-left radicals in their party who push these ideas:
- Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO) has referred to pregnant women as “birthing people.”
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) referred to a woman as a “menstruating person.”
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI) referred to women as “menstruating people.”
- In July, a pro-abortion witness invited by Democrats to testify in front of Congress claimed it is “dangerous” to say men can’t get pregnant.
- In May, another pro-abortion witness invited to testify by congressional Democrats said “yes” men can become pregnant.
BIDEN AND DEMOCRATS ATTACK WOMEN’S SPACES
- Instead of standing for the rights of female students and athletes, Biden has caved to far-left, woke activists who want biological males to compete in women’s sports.
- On his first day in office, Biden signed an executive order calling on schools across the country to allow students to compete in the sport of their “gender identity.”
- Biden’s Department of Agriculture announced it will take away meal funding for low-income and disadvantaged kids at schools if the school does not allow biological males to play in women’s sports.
- On the 50th anniversary of Title IX, Biden’s Department of Education “issued a new rule” which redefined the word “women.”
- This is ruining sports for female athletes, enabling biological men to compete and earn college scholarships at their expense.
- Alanna Smith, a Connecticut high school track athlete forced to compete against biological males, said, “I felt like the race was over before I even began.”
- Madisan DeBos, a track athlete at Southern Utah University, said it is “heartbreaking” that all of her hard work could be stripped away by “allowing biological males to compete.”
- In January, the Biden administration changed federal prison policy to let prisoners be incarcerated with the gender they identify as, including letting biological males be housed with female inmates.
- Because of Biden’s radical policies, two female inmates at an all-female prison were impregnated by a biological male who claimed to identify as a female.
DEMOCRATS WANT TO TAKE AWAY SUPPORT FOR VULNERABLE MOTHERS
- Democrats have called to shut down the approximately 3,000 life-affirming pregnancy centers that help a mother throughout her pregnancy and after.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said “we need to put a stop” to crisis pregnancy centers “right now” and called for the centers to be “shut down… all around the country.”
- Sen.Bob Mendez (D-NJ), Warren, and other prominent Democrats introduced legislation to “crack down” on crisis pregnancy centers that help women keep their babies.
- Gov. Gretchen Witmer (D-MI) vetoed millions of dollars from going to crisis pregnancy centers and smeared these non-profit organizations as “fake health centers.”
</li> <li>Pro-abortion radicals have targeted and attacked pregnancy centers across the country as <a href="https://politicalemails.org/messages/701452">Democrats</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1540431799129702402?s=20&t=w1rAjBFPEkO0jc_I9MkvRQ">refuse</a> to <a href="https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1540431799129702402?s=20&t=w1rAjBFPEkO0jc_I9MkvRQ">denounce</a> the violence. <ul> <li>In <a href="https://www.foxnews.com/media/crisis-pregnancy-center-director-slams-elizabeth-warren-words-actually-horrific">California</a>, a man with a machete attempted to attack a pregnancy center but was stopped before he could cause harm.</li> <li>In <a href="https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-pregnancy-center-supreme-court-abortion-crime-police">Colorado</a>, a pregnancy center was set on fire.</li> <li>In <a href="https://www.foxnews.com/us/vandals-target-virginia-pro-life-center-graffiti-you-aint-safe?intcmp=tw_fnc">Virginia</a>, pro-abortion radicals smashed the windows of a pro-life center and graffitied "you ain't safe."</li> <li>In <a href="https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville-pregnancy-center-hit-molotov-cocktail-janes-revenge-arson-graffiti">Tennessee</a>, a pregnancy center was attacked with Molotov cocktails. </li> </ul>
Start a conversation using these share links: