RNC: Biden’s Border Crisis Bursts New Record
More than 8.2 million illegal immigrants have crossed the border since Biden took office.
By the Republican National Committee
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS CONTINUES TO WORSEN
- New data shows 240,988 illegal immigrants were encountered attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border in October – the highest total for October in DHS history.
- For 32 straight months, monthly encounters have been higher than even the highest month seen under the previous administration.
- With roughly 7,700 daily encounters, this dwarfs the definition of a “crisis” set by Obama’s DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson when he said in 2019 that “more than 1,000” encounters a day “overwhelms the system.”
- October’s 240,000-plus encounters is a 353 percent increase from the average number of October apprehensions from 2017-2020.
- 11,522 unaccompanied children were encountered.
- 106,290 migrants who crossed as part of a family were encountered.
- 125,071 illegal immigrants were encountered from countries outside the Northern Triangle and Mexico, showing that Biden’s crisis is global.
- At least 12 people on the terror watchlist were encountered trying to enter the U.S. between ports of entry.
- More than 8.2 million illegal immigrants have crossed the border since Biden took office.
- This includes the 6.5 million illegal immigrants that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has encountered and the more than 1.7 million gotaways that have escaped past Border Patrol into the U.S.
- Border officials say the official number of gotaways vastly undercounts the illegal immigrants who make it into the U.S.
- Biden has installed a de facto amnesty program in which over 75,000 illegal immigrants have had their cases dismissed in court due to his administration’s failure to file the proper paperwork.
- In FY 2023 alone, more than 900,000 illegal immigrants were released into the U.S. to await future immigration court dates.
- Experts say the likelihood U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers will remove them is “virtually nonexistent” and that they “are here indefinitely, if not forever.”
- Biden has unilaterally paroled over half a million migrants using a 1950s law in an “unprecedented” way.
- Homeland Security Investigations estimates Mexican cartels are now making $13 billion a year smuggling illegal immigrants into the U.S., 26 times what they made in 2018.
DRUGS ARE POURING OVER THE BORDER INTO OUR COMMUNITIES
- Illicit drugs are flowing into the country at an alarming rate, with only 5 to 10 percent being intercepted as border officials struggle to contain the smuggling.
- 1,318 pounds of deadly fentanyl and 9,539 pounds of methamphetamine were seized at the southern border in October alone, with much more getting through.
- Joshua Sharfstein of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health: “If they’re seizing a lot, it’s because a lot is coming in.”
- The amount of fentanyl seized in October is the equivalent of roughly 300 million lethal doses.
- Since Biden took office, more than 24 tons of fentanyl have crossed the southern border, enough to kill roughly 11 billion people.
Fentanyl is now the leading cause of death for Americans age 18 to 45, with the number killed by the drug up 94 percent since 2019.
- Of the 110,000 fatal drug overdoses in 2022, two-thirds involved fentanyl; on average, one person in the U.S. now dies from a fentanyl overdose every seven minutes.
- According to Biden’s own DEA Administrator Anne Milgram, cartels are “killing Americans with fentanyl at catastrophic and record rates like we’ve never seen before.”
BIDEN BREAKS RECORD AFTER RECORD
- FY 2023 saw nearly 2.5 million illegal immigrant encounters, surpassing last year’s record.
- The Biden administration has now set the all-time record for illegal immigrant encounters at the southern border for the last three years in a row.
- 169 people on the terror watchlist were encountered at the southern border in FY 2023, breaking the all-time record of 98 set last year.
- More people on the FBI terror watchlist have been arrested at the southern border this fiscal year than the previous six years combined.
- More than 15,000 non-U.S. citizens with criminal convictions were encountered at the southern border in FY 2023, a record high.
BIDEN IGNORES THE SOUTHERN BORDER AS HIS HUMANITARIAN CATASTROPHE WORSENS
- Despite Biden’s promise of a “fair and humane immigration system,” his open border policies aren’t compassionate; they are deadly.
- Last month, ICE arrested an illegal immigrant who was wanted in Senegal for alleged terrorist activities just weeks after Border Patrol released him into the U.S.
- A few weeks ago, two illegal immigrants were arrested after leading Texas DPS on a high-speed car chase that reached speeds of 90 mph+ and nearly struck a school bus.
- At the beginning of this month, a man convicted of murder in Venezuela was found to be living in state-funded migrant housing in Massachusetts just months after Border Patrol released him into the U.S.
- Tens of thousands of migrant children who have come to the U.S. are being exploited and forced into de facto “indentured servitude.”
- Biden’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) lost track of 85,000 children after responding to Biden’s demands to “move the children quickly out of shelters” by rolling back important vetting and safeguard procedures.
- Criminals are flooding across the border, with Border Patrol arresting illegal immigrants accused of felony rape, lewd and lascivious acts towards a minor, fraud, and homicide all within the past month.
- Meanwhile, Border Patrol agents have been left demoralized and “overwhelmed” by the Biden administration’s handling of the crisis.
BIDEN AND DEMOCRATS IN CONGRESS ARE TO BLAME FOR THE BORDER CRISIS
- Biden’s failed policies have created the crisis at the southern border.
- In Biden’s first 100 days he took more than 94 executive actions on immigration, including halting construction of the border wall and ending the successful “Remain in Mexico” policy.
- Illegal immigrants have confirmed this: “The border is open…everybody believes that the border is open. It’s open because we enter. We come in, free, no problem…We came illegally.”
- The Biden administration lost track of at least 150,000 illegal immigrants during the summer of 2021.
- Joe Biden and “border czar” Kamala Harris are no where to be seen, with each only having visited the border once since taking office.
- It’s not just Biden; Democrats in Congress have consistently voted for policies that make the border and country less secure.
- Democrats aided sanctuary cities and sent stimulus checks to illegal immigrants, opposed legislation to fund Title 42, and repeatedly voted against funding the border wall.
- Democrats voted against hiring more border agents, deporting felons, preventing illegal immigrants convicted of crimes from becoming permanent residents — and voted against strengthening the successful Remain in Mexico policy.
- Democrats voted against funding for counternarcotic operations and ensuring the enforcement of immigration laws at the border.
- Democrats voted against ensuring all local and state law enforcement are permitted to cooperate with federal immigration officials to track illegal immigrants.
Start a conversation using these share links: