Obama: King of Mars?
Just yesterday, the Obama Administration announced new EPA, carbon emission restrictions and regulations that take further aim at the coal industry, based on false reports on the climate by environmental zealots. He has demanded a 30% decrease in fossil fuel carbon emissions by coal plants. The new regulations will cost the United States a quarter of a million jobs and will force the closure of coal plants across the country, regardless that they currently supply the U.S. with over 40% of its energy. Again, these changes have gone through with NO Congressional approval. President Obama has made a decision and despite what the American people want, what the U.S. economy needs and what the Constitution allows, he has decided and we will comply – or else!
If you currently live in any of the coal-producing states, a state that depends on coal for their very existence, what are your democratic representatives doing for you? Nothing! But wait, I spoke too soon. The democratic representatives in coal-producing states are writing President Obama and asking that he DELAY these new overreaching regulations until AFTER the November elections. They are not asking him to stop them, or reconsider them, just to delay until they can get their butts back in their cushy government jobs. They are basically asking Obama to lie to the public again, so they can continue to lie about supporting their constituents, so they can lie their way back into office, all the while making you believe they really care about your livelihood! This is all about politics folks! Your representatives do not care that your coal-producing state will now suffer higher unemployment and economic woes….they don’t care that all Americans will suffer potentially 80% increases in their energy costs, they just want their seats to be confirmed so they are assured of their big salaries, taken off your backs!
President Obama along with his Democratic followers on the Hill, and environmental extremists, continue to make so-called “Global Warming,” “Climate Change,” “Global Cooling,” or whatever the newest name may be, the primary “FOCUS” of this Administration.
Interestingly enough, new reports are showing that electricity prices are skyrocketing in the largest wind power states. In fact, electricity prices are rising more that four times the national average in nine of the 11 states with the most wind power consumption. Texas is the only one with declining electricity prices because de-regulation rather than wind power is driving down the cost to consumers.
Germany has given up carbon gas taxes because it destroyed their economy and it was unable to supply the needed electricity of its citizens with solar or wind power. They have turned to coal.
Australia has also given up carbon emission regulations and taxes as well. Their economy has been on the same path as ours due to “green initiatives.” They have suffered so badly, that they have elected the conservative political party in after 15 years and are supporting the dissolution of the Department of Education, the Department of Energy, the Department of Health and Human Resources, along with countless other government agencies and for good measure restructure Medicare so it won’t go broke. Australia’s news leader had a bit of advice for the citizens of the United States:
“The best transformation America could undergo is not Obama’s version, but a return to the limits set forth in the Constitution. Australia is way ahead of the US as they have learned from the errors of environmental laws and the expansion of its government into areas of health and education.”
Gas prices have doubled under Obama, yet he refuses to sign off on the Keystone pipeline. The Keystone would reduce the price of gas significantly as well as offering hundreds of thousands of jobs to Americans and take us out from under the control of the very people who want to see us dead. A recent poll showed between 70-75% of Americans want the keystone pipeline, but President Obama doesn’t care. The environmentalists have offered up too much cash for them to ignore so regardless of what is best for the US economy, and the American people, they have chosen to follow the money!
What happened to creating new jobs? What happened to getting the economy back on track? What the hell is going on in America?? What has happened to plain old common sense?
At a recent speech for commencement at West Point Academy, Obama said,
“By most measures, America has rarely been stronger relative to the rest of the world. those who argue otherwise - who suggest that American is in decline or has seen its global leadership slip away— are either misreading history or engaged in partisan politics.”
I’m sorry, but I am totally confused. What planet is he living on? Mars???
Lets look at some facts:
- If you add in the 2.5 million Americans who have simply walked out on the American economy, have stopped looking for jobs, the true unemployment rate is actually at approximately 8.2% - 10%.
- The Center for College Affordability reports that 8 out of every 10 college graduates move back home with their parents.
- 17 million college graduates are working jobs that did not require a degree and still carry huge student loan debts.
- 10.5 million college graduates are officially unemployed.
- 37 million Americans are carrying student loan debt and 5.4 million were past due on payments.
- The labor force participation rate began dropping in 2008 and has remained on the decline. and is at its lowest level in over 30 years.
- United States GDP, the output of good and services produced in the U.S., has only grown this year by .1%
- Gas prices have doubled under Obama
- Grocery prices have skyrocketed
- Obama has proposed 442 NEW tax hikes since taking office and the majority of the tax hikes will hit the middle class.
- Of the more than 6 million jobs lost during the recession the majority of them were middle class jobs.
- Of the jobs lost, 60% were middle class, and only 19% of jobs added by the so-called recovery , were middle class jobs.
- The median US household income has dropped by almost $4000 since Obama took office.
- Food Stamp participation has increased over 50% since Obama took office.
- Health care costs per family have risen almost $3000
- The penalty for average Americans for not carrying insurance will be $4700 in new fines (sorry, taxes)
- In 2018, a 40% tax will be levied against the value of all health insurance benefits exceeding certain thresholds. So if you did get to keep your plan because you liked it, you will be taxed 40% for keeping it!
And the list continues…..
So, America, if you think the United States is worse off than it was before Obama took office, you are either stupid, a Republican or you live in the United States and not on Mars!