America Faces a Long Two Years
No the exposure of Hillary Clinton’s email debacle, Sen. Bob Menendez’s (D-NJ) indictment and Obama’s appointment of Robert Malley to replace Phil Gordon as Special Assistant to the President and White House Coordinator for the Middle East, North Africa and the Gulf Region—all in the same week—is pure coincidence. Or is it? The White House has known about Clinton’s emails since last August, the Menendez investigation has been ongoing since 2012, and Obama previously severed ties with Malley in 2008 following a British Times report that he had met with U.S. designated terror group Hamas on behalf of George Soros’ International Crisis Group. The real story: Clinton is likely to distance herself from Obama’s disastrous Iranian negotiations, Menendez already has, and Gordon is a big thumb in the eye for Obama’s chief nemesis in that regard, namely Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. So if it seems as if our arrogant Oval Office occupant has a penchant for sticking it to those who dare to defy his “superior” wisdom, that’s because he does.
Sometimes a little bit of news goes a long way towards explaining why this nation remains in turmoil:
– The exposure of Hillary Clinton’s email debacle, Sen. Bob Menendez’s (D-NJ) indictment and Obama's appointment of Robert Malley to replace Phil Gordon as Special Assistant to the President and White House Coordinator for the Middle East, North Africa and the Gulf Region – all in the same week – is pure coincidence. Or is it? The White House has known about Clinton’s emails since last August, the Menendez investigation has been ongoing since 2012, and Obama previously severed ties with Malley in 2008 following a British Times report that he had met with U.S. designated terror group Hamas on behalf of George Soros’ International Crisis Group.
The real story: Clinton is likely to distance herself from Obama’s disastrous Iranian negotiations, Menendez already has, and Gordon is a big thumb in the eye for Obama’s chief nemesis in that regard, namely Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. So if it seems as if our arrogant Oval Office occupant has a penchant for sticking it to those who dare to defy his “superior” wisdom, that’s because he does.
– Obama also has a penchant for lying unashamedly, and one of his biggest whoppers was his endlessly repeated 2012 presidential campaign assertion that al Qaeda was “decimated” or “on the path to defeat.” Last week the Wall Street Journal reported that mountains of intel captured during the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden showed exactly the opposite was true. Moreover, when the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) concluded, as former DIA director Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn put it, that al Qaeda was “close to doubling” in size, even as Obama campaigned, the president didn’t want to hear it. What to do? As the WSJ reveals, “the administration cut off DIA access to the documents and instructed DIA officials to stop producing analyses based on them.”
Remember this when Obama tells the nation we’ve reached a “historic” deal with Iran that will prevent them from getting nukes.
– Iran is the Shi'ite side of the terrorist equation. The Sunni side is equally problematic. Nigerian terror group Boko Haram has reportedly pledged its allegiance to ISIS. ISIS itself has expanded operations in Libya, resulting in the beheading of eight guards after last week's assault on an oil field. Nine foreigners were also abducted. Eight was the “magic number” in Iraq as well, as in eight dead bodies hung by their feet in Iraq’s Kirkuk province. ISIS was equally busy destroying antiquities dating back to 717 BC. “It is a part of their plan to erase civilization and humanity in general,” explains Iraq’s deputy tourism and antiquities minister Qais Hussein Rashid.
Not to worry. CNN columnist Sturt Manning envisions an antidote. “Providing educational opportunities and empowering communities to learn more about their cultures and histories, and those of others, is one of the best ways to eradicate destructive hatred and violence,” he writes. Not to burst Manning’s delusional bubble, but few entities are expanding their “educational opportunities” more than ISIS itself. According to a new report from the Brookings Institute, a whopping 46,000 Twitter accounts were used by ISIS supporters between September and December 2014. Brookings further estimates there may be as many as 90,000 pro-ISIS Twitter accounts in total.
It bears repeating for the terminally addled members of the Obama administration and their equally clueless sycophants: Every day ISIS remains viable is another day they remain inspirational to domestic jihadists who have already made it clear that places like Paris, Sydney, London, Cophenhagen, Oklahoma, Canada and New York can be converted into killing fields. Nevertheless, Obama and company remain in second gear as his promise to “degrade and destroy” what he once referred to as a “JV team” rings increasingly hollow.
– Moving to the domestic front, last week was a rough one for Obama’s “capo,” a.k.a. Eric Holder. A cartoon showing a T-shirt-wearing Attorney General holding the Ferguson report says it all. The T-shirt’s message? “Hands down. Never mind.” Holder is attempting to deflect the issue by essentially indicting the entire Ferguson Police Department for racism, using the “disparate impact” theory as his club. For those unfamiliar with that club, disparate impact is the idea that a wholly color-blind policy can be deemed “discriminatory” if its application has an “adverse impact” on members of a “protected class.”
Writing for National Review, columnist Heather MacDonald illuminates the abusive potential. “There are few criminal laws that do not have a disparate impact on blacks, because the black crime rate is more elevated than the white crime rate,” she explains. “Black males between the ages of 14 and 17, for example, die from homicide nationally at nearly ten times the rate of white and Hispanic males of the same ages combined, because the black youth homicide rate is similarly skewed. Blacks commit property crimes at about three times the rate of their presence in the national population, according to arrest data.”
How does that relate to Ferguson? “In Ferguson, blacks accounted for 86 percent of traffic stops in 2013 but make up 63 percent of the population, reports the New York Times," she continues. "Such numbers are meaningless as a measure of police behavior, unless one considers the underlying rate of traffic offenses. If blacks are disproportionately represented among speeders, red-light runners, and drivers without updated vehicle registration, say, then their higher rate of being stopped simply means that the police are applying the traffic laws neutrally to lawbreakers. Do not expect the Justice Department to have performed such an analysis of driving behavior, however.”
Why would they? Our execrable Attorney General has always preferred a carefully crafted narrative to the truth. And more to the larger point, he is heavily invested in federal control of as many local police forces as the Obama administration can muster. How does that urge relate to the Ferguson PD? “We are prepared to use all the powers that we have, all the power that we have, to ensure that the situation changes there,” Holder declared last Friday. “That means everything from working with them to coming up with an entirely new structure.”
The bigger picture? An Interim report, “Task Force on 21st Century Policing,” outlines the “national standards” the administration intends to implement at the local level, using federal funding as an inducement (read bribe) to do so.
– Late last month, Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) couldn’t resist bragging about the fact that Chicago is one of the nation’s premiere sanctuary cities. “Only in the city of Chicago can you graduate from high school with a ‘B’ average and be guaranteed that you are going to be able to go on to your next two years of college for free – only in Chicago - even if you’re undocumented,” he gushed. He also heaped praise on embattled Mayor Rahm Emmanuel who “made sure that we no longer cooperate with immigration authorities when it comes to the deportation and separation of our families by using city structures.”
Remember when the DOJ sued Arizona in 2012, based on the assertion that cracking down on illegal aliens conflicted with federal law? There are hundreds of sanctuary cities in this nation, all whom have made it official policy to completely defy that same federal immigration law. Number of DOJ lawsuits filed against those cities?
A modest suggestion: black Americans should compile the necessary data on those cities, combine it with well-publicized stories about the Obama administration’s determination to embrace de facto amnesty for five million illegal aliens – and file a class-action lawsuit in federal court, alleging that both policies have a “disparate impact” on black American citizens. The “adverse effects” are transparent: black unemployment is nearly twice the national average – and since 2007, all net gains in jobs have gone to immigrants, both legal and illegal.
There’s an old bromide that has long been applied to American politics: no single individual can ruin the nation. Unfortunately our current president appears bound and determined to test that theory to the fullest. Former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani was excoriated for suggesting Obama does not love America. Perhaps those who insist he does could explain how one loves something one wants to “fundamentally transform.” It’s going to be a very long two years.
© Copyright 2015 The Patriot Post
Start a conversation using these share links: