Health Care Votes
Senate and House Roll Call on H.R. 3590
Senate Roll Call:
U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes On Passage of the Bill “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” (H.R. 3590 as Amended) Christmas Eve, December 24, 2009.
- YEAs: 60
- NAYs: 39
- Not Voting: 1
- Alabama: Sessions (R-AL), Nay Shelby (R-AL), Nay
- Alaska: Begich (D-AK), Yea Murkowski (R-AK), Nay
- Arizona: Kyl (R-AZ), Nay McCain (R-AZ), Nay
- Arkansas: Lincoln (D-AR), Yea Pryor (D-AR), Yea
- California: Boxer (D-CA), Yea Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
- Colorado: Bennet (D-CO), Yea Udall (D-CO), Yea
- Connecticut: Dodd (D-CT), Yea Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
- Delaware: Carper (D-DE), Yea Kaufman (D-DE), Yea
- Florida: LeMieux (R-FL), Nay Nelson (D-FL), Yea
- Georgia: Chambliss (R-GA), Nay Isakson (R-GA), Nay
- Hawaii: Akaka (D-HI), Yea Inouye (D-HI), Yea
- Idaho: Crapo (R-ID), Nay Risch (R-ID), Nay
- Illinois: Burris (D-IL), Yea Durbin (D-IL), Yea
- Indiana: Bayh (D-IN), Yea Lugar (R-IN), Nay
- Iowa: Grassley (R-IA), Nay Harkin (D-IA), Yea
- Kansas: Brownback (R-KS), Nay Roberts (R-KS), Nay
- Kentucky: Bunning (R-KY), Not Voting McConnell (R-KY), Nay
- Louisiana: Landrieu (D-LA), Yea Vitter (R-LA), Nay
- Maine: Collins (R-ME), Nay Snowe (R-ME), Nay
- Maryland: Cardin (D-MD), Yea Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
- Massachusetts: Kerry (D-MA), Yea Kirk (D-MA), Yea
- Michigan: Levin (D-MI), Yea Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
- Minnesota: Franken (D-MN), Yea Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
- Mississippi: Cochran (R-MS), Nay Wicker (R-MS), Nay
- Missouri: Bond (R-MO), Nay McCaskill (D-MO), Yea
- Montana: Baucus (D-MT), Yea Tester (D-MT), Yea
- Nebraska: Johanns (R-NE), Nay Nelson (D-NE), Yea
- Nevada: Ensign (R-NV), Nay Reid (D-NV), Yea
- New Hampshire: Gregg (R-NH), Nay Shaheen (D-NH), Yea
- New Jersey: Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
- New Mexico: Bingaman (D-NM), Yea Udall (D-NM), Yea
- New York: Gillibrand (D-NY), Yea Schumer (D-NY), Yea
- North Carolina: Burr (R-NC), Nay Hagan (D-NC), Yea
- North Dakota: Conrad (D-ND), Yea Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
- Ohio: Brown (D-OH), Yea Voinovich (R-OH), Nay
- Oklahoma: Coburn (R-OK), Nay Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
- Oregon: Merkley (D-OR), Yea Wyden (D-OR), Yea
- Pennsylvania: Casey (D-PA), Yea Specter (D-PA), Yea
- Rhode Island: Reed (D-RI), Yea Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
- South Carolina: DeMint (R-SC), Nay Graham (R-SC), Nay
- South Dakota: Johnson (D-SD), Yea Thune (R-SD), Nay
- Tennessee: Alexander (R-TN), Nay Corker (R-TN), Nay
- Texas: Cornyn (R-TX), Nay Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
- Utah: Bennett (R-UT), Nay Hatch (R-UT), Nay
- Vermont: Leahy (D-VT), Yea Sanders (I-VT), Yea
- Virginia: Warner (D-VA), Yea Webb (D-VA), Yea
- Washington: Cantwell (D-WA), Yea Murray (D-WA), Yea
- West Virginia: Byrd (D-WV), Yea Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
- Wisconsin: Feingold (D-WI), Yea Kohl (D-WI), Yea
- Wyoming: Barrasso (R-WY), Nay Enzi (R-WY), Nay
House Roll Call:
U.S. House Roll Call Votes On Passage of the Bill “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” (H.R. 3590) Sunday, March 21, 2010.
- YEAs: 219 (Voting yes were 219 Democrats and 0 Republicans)
- NAYs: 212 (Voting no were 34 Democrats and 178 Republicans)
(There are 4 vacancies in the 435-member House.)
Democrats – Bright, N; Davis, N.
Republicans – Aderholt, N; Bachus, N; Bonner, N; Griffith, N; Rogers, N.
Republicans – Young, N.
Democrats – Giffords, Y; Grijalva, Y; Kirkpatrick, Y; Mitchell, Y; Pastor, Y.
Republicans – Flake, N; Franks, N; Shadegg, N.
Democrats – Berry, N; Ross, N; Snyder, Y.
Republicans – Boozman, N.
Democrats – Baca, Y; Becerra, Y; Berman, Y; Capps, Y; Cardoza, Y; Chu, Y; Costa, Y; Davis, Y; Eshoo, Y; Farr, Y; Filner, Y; Garamendi, Y; Harman, Y; Honda, Y; Lee, Y; Lofgren, Zoe, Y; Matsui, Y; McNerney, Y; Miller, George, Y; Napolitano, Y; Pelosi, Y; Richardson, Y; Roybal-Allard, Y; Sanchez, Linda T., Y; Sanchez, Loretta, Y; Schiff, Y; Sherman, Y; Speier, Y; Stark, Y; Thompson, Y; Waters, Y; Watson, Y; Waxman, Y; Woolsey, Y.
Republicans – Bilbray, N; Bono Mack, N; Calvert, N; Campbell, N; Dreier, N; Gallegly, N; Herger, N; Hunter, N; Issa, N; Lewis, N; Lungren, Daniel E., N; McCarthy, N; McClintock, N; McKeon, N; Miller, Gary, N; Nunes, N; Radanovich, N; Rohrabacher, N; Royce, N.
Democrats – DeGette, Y; Markey, Y; Perlmutter, Y; Polis, Y; Salazar, Y.
Republicans – Coffman, N; Lamborn, N.
Democrats – Courtney, Y; DeLauro, Y; Himes, Y; Larson, Y; Murphy, Y.
Republicans – Castle, N.
Democrats – Boyd, Y; Brown, Corrine, Y; Castor, Y; Grayson, Y; Hastings, Y; Klein, Y; Kosmas, Y; Meek, Y; Wasserman Schultz, Y.
Republicans – Bilirakis, N; Brown-Waite, Ginny, N; Buchanan, N; Crenshaw, N; Diaz-Balart, L., N; Diaz-Balart, M., N; Mack, N; Mica, N; Miller, N; Posey, N; Putnam, N; Rooney, N; Ros-Lehtinen, N; Stearns, N; Young, N.
Democrats – Barrow, N; Bishop, Y; Johnson, Y; Lewis, Y; Marshall, N; Scott, Y.
Republicans – Broun, N; Deal, N; Gingrey, N; Kingston, N; Linder, N; Price, N; Westmoreland, N.
Democrats – Hirono, Y.
Democrats – Minnick, N.
Republicans – Simpson, N.
Democrats – Bean, Y; Costello, Y; Davis, Y; Foster, Y; Gutierrez, Y; Halvorson, Y; Hare, Y; Jackson, Y; Lipinski, N; Quigley, Y; Rush, Y; Schakowsky, Y.
Republicans – Biggert, N; Johnson, N; Kirk, N; Manzullo, N; Roskam, N; Schock, N; Shimkus, N.
Democrats – Carson, Y; Donnelly, Y; Ellsworth, Y; Hill, Y; Visclosky, Y.
Republicans – Burton, N; Buyer, N; Pence, N; Souder, N.
Democrats – Boswell, Y; Braley, Y; Loebsack, Y.
Republicans – King, N; Latham, N.
Democrats – Moore, Y.
Republicans – Jenkins, N; Moran, N; Tiahrt, N.
Democrats – Chandler, N; Yarmuth, Y.
Republicans – Davis, N; Guthrie, N; Rogers, N; Whitfield, N.
Democrats – Melancon, N.
Republicans – Alexander, N; Boustany, N; Cao, N; Cassidy, N; Fleming, N; Scalise, N.
Democrats – Michaud, Y; Pingree, Y.
Democrats – Cummings, Y; Edwards, Y; Hoyer, Y; Kratovil, N; Ruppersberger, Y; Sarbanes, Y; Van Hollen, Y.
Republicans – Bartlett, N.
Democrats – Capuano, Y; Delahunt, Y; Frank, Y; Lynch, N; Markey, Y; McGovern, Y; Neal, Y; Olver, Y; Tierney, Y; Tsongas, Y.
Democrats – Conyers, Y; Dingell, Y; Kildee, Y; Kilpatrick, Y; Levin, Y; Peters, Y; Schauer, Y; Stupak, Y.
Republicans – Camp, N; Ehlers, N; Hoekstra, N; McCotter, N; Miller, N; Rogers, N; Upton, N.
Democrats – Ellison, Y; McCollum, Y; Oberstar, Y; Peterson, N; Walz, Y.
Republicans – Bachmann, N; Kline, N; Paulsen, N.
Democrats – Childers, N; Taylor, N; Thompson, Y.
Republicans – Harper, N.
Democrats – Carnahan, Y; Clay, Y; Cleaver, Y; Skelton, N.
Republicans – Akin, N; Blunt, N; Emerson, N; Graves, N; Luetkemeyer, N.
Republicans – Rehberg, N.
Republicans – Fortenberry, N; Smith, N; Terry, N.
Democrats – Berkley, Y; Titus, Y.
Republicans – Heller, N.
Democrats – Hodes, Y; Shea-Porter, Y.
Democrats – Adler, N; Andrews, Y; Holt, Y; Pallone, Y; Pascrell, Y; Payne, Y; Rothman, Y; Sires, Y.
Republicans – Frelinghuysen, N; Garrett, N; Lance, N; LoBiondo, N; Smith, N.
Democrats – Heinrich, Y; Lujan, Y; Teague, N.
Democrats – Ackerman, Y; Arcuri, N; Bishop, Y; Clarke, Y; Crowley, Y; Engel, Y; Hall, Y; Higgins, Y; Hinchey, Y; Israel, Y; Lowey, Y; Maffei, Y; Maloney, Y; McCarthy, Y; McMahon, N; Meeks, Y; Murphy, Y; Nadler, Y; Owens, Y; Rangel, Y; Serrano, Y; Slaughter, Y; Tonko, Y; Towns, Y; Velazquez, Y; Weiner, Y.
Republicans – King, N; Lee, N.
Democrats – Butterfield, Y; Etheridge, Y; Kissell, N; McIntyre, N; Miller, Y; Price, Y; Shuler, N; Watt, Y.
Republicans – Coble, N; Foxx, N; Jones, N; McHenry, N; Myrick, N.
Democrats – Pomeroy, Y.
Democrats – Boccieri, Y; Driehaus, Y; Fudge, Y; Kaptur, Y; Kilroy, Y; Kucinich, Y; Ryan, Y; Space, N; Sutton, Y; Wilson, Y.
Republicans – Austria, N; Boehner, N; Jordan, N; LaTourette, N; Latta, N; Schmidt, N; Tiberi, N; Turner, N.
Democrats – Boren, N.
Republicans – Cole, N; Fallin, N; Lucas, N; Sullivan, N.
Democrats – Blumenauer, Y; DeFazio, Y; Schrader, Y; Wu, Y.
Republicans – Walden, N.
Democrats – Altmire, N; Brady, Y; Carney, Y; Dahlkemper, Y; Doyle, Y; Fattah, Y; Holden, N; Kanjorski, Y; Murphy, Patrick, Y; Schwartz, Y; Sestak, Y.
Republicans – Dent, N; Gerlach, N; Murphy, Tim, N; Pitts, N; Platts, N; Shuster, N; Thompson, N.
Democrats – Kennedy, Y; Langevin, Y.
Democrats – Clyburn, Y; Spratt, Y.
Republicans – Barrett, N; Brown, N; Inglis, N; Wilson, N.
Democrats – Herseth Sandlin, N.
Democrats – Cohen, Y; Cooper, Y; Davis, N; Gordon, Y; Tanner, N.
Republicans – Blackburn, N; Duncan, N; Roe, N; Wamp, N.
Democrats – Cuellar, Y; Doggett, Y; Edwards, N; Gonzalez, Y; Green, Al, Y; Green, Gene, Y; Hinojosa, Y; Jackson Lee, Y; Johnson, E. B., Y; Ortiz, Y; Reyes, Y; Rodriguez, Y.
Republicans – Barton, N; Brady, N; Burgess, N; Carter, N; Conaway, N; Culberson, N; Gohmert, N; Granger, N; Hall, N; Hensarling, N; Johnson, Sam, N; Marchant, N; McCaul, N; Neugebauer, N; Olson, N; Paul, N; Poe, N; Sessions, N; Smith, N; Thornberry, N.
Democrats – Matheson, N.
Republicans – Bishop, N; Chaffetz, N.
Democrats – Welch, Y.
Democrats – Boucher, N; Connolly, Y; Moran, Y; Nye, N; Perriello, Y; Scott, Y.
Republicans – Cantor, N; Forbes, N; Goodlatte, N; Wittman, N; Wolf, N.
Democrats – Baird, Y; Dicks, Y; Inslee, Y; Larsen, Y; McDermott, Y; Smith, Y.
Republicans – Hastings, N; McMorris Rodgers, N; Reichert, N.
Democrats – Mollohan, Y; Rahall, Y.
Republicans – Capito, N.
Democrats – Baldwin, Y; Kagen, Y; Kind, Y; Moore, Y; Obey, Y.
Republicans – Petri, N; Ryan, N; Sensenbrenner, N.
Republicans – Lummis, N.