RNC: Bidenflation Is Crushing Families and Workers
Joe Biden hasn’t created “stable and steady growth,” and Americans are paying the high price.
By the Republican National Committee
INFLATION HIT A NEW 40-YEAR HIGH UNDER BIDEN
- Biden’s agenda is leaving Americans with less money in their pockets, creating the Great American Pay Cut.
- May’s Consumer Price Index soared 8.6 percent compared to last year, exceeding economists’ expectations and reaching a new 40-year high.
May’s Producer Price Index rose by 10.8 percent since last year, a near record high.
- Core producer prices – which takes out food and energy –increased by 8.3 percent.
- U.S. consumer sentiment has dropped to a record low as workers fear that inflation will continue to “erode” their paychecks.
- With Biden’s economy on the decline and prices continuing to surge, economists are warning of a looming recession.
RECORD GAS PRICES
- As prices for virtually everything continue to surge, average U.S. gas prices soared to over $5.00 a gallon, more than doubling since Biden took office.
- On top of higher prices across the board, rising gas prices could cost American households an additional $2,000 this year.
- Meanwhile, as Americans get crushed at the pump, Biden wants to force Americans to buy $64,000 electric vehicles, proving Democrats remain out of touch with the struggles average Americans face.
- Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) bragged that she passed “every single gas station” in her brand-new electric vehicle, “and it didn’t matter how high [gas] was.”
BIDENFLATION IS CRUSHING WORKING-CLASS AMERICANS
- 87 percent of Americans say Bidenflation is causing their families either major or minor financial stress according to a recent Washington Post poll.
- Thanks to Biden’s disastrous policies, the average U.S. family will spend an extra $7,620 over the next year according to Congress’ Joint Economic Committee.
- In May 2022 alone, inflation cost the typical household an extra $635.
- A Northwestern Mutual study found Americans now have an average of $9,000 less in savings than they did last year.
- Under Biden, sky-high prices are forcing hard-working Americans to make cuts to their household budgets.
- 77 percent of Americans report spending less on entertainment or eating out, and 64 percent of Americans report making fewer trips to the grocery store because of record-high gas prices.
BIDEN’S RADICAL POLICIES ARE TO BLAME FOR INFLATION
- Biden’s radical tax-and-spend agenda is responsible for inflation.
- According to a June The Economist/YouGov Poll, 85 percent of Americans say inflation is a “very serious” or “somewhat serious” problem.
- 75 percent of Americans blame Biden for inflation, saying he bears “a lot” or “some” responsibility for higher prices.
BIDEN’S SUPPLY CHAIN CRISIS IS HURTING WOMEN AND BABIES
- Women are facing shortages of feminine hygiene products and baby formula despite Biden’s promise to fix the supply chain crisis.
- Prices for menstrual products like tampons and pads have increased 9.8 percent and 8.3 percent, respectively, according to Bloomberg.
- Even before Biden’s price hike, 42 percent of women reported having trouble affording menstrual-care products, meaning low-income women are being hit especially hard.
- Biden’s supply chain issues are also affecting the most vulnerable – 74 percent of baby formula is out-of-stock nationwide, with out-of-stock rates hitting 90 percent in ten states.
- The executive director of a diaper bank in Los Angeles: “It’s a crisis situation right now … now we are nearly empty.”
- Texas mom Taylor Miller: “We’ll literally waste a whole tank of gas in a day trying to find formula and maybe only find one can … It’s very stressful.”
- Katie Thompson, a mother of two: “I don’t know how I’m going to feed my child … now going to the shelves and there’s nothing there … this is scary.”
- Ashleigh, a Jacksonville mother whose son needs a specific formula: “I cannot get food for my child. I cannot feed my son.”
Start a conversation using these share links: