RNC: Biden Caves to China’s Xi
The Biden administration is giving up “strategic advantages” to appease China.
By the Republican National Committee
BIDEN SITS BY AS CHINA GROWS ITS INFLUENCE
- [Wednesday], Biden [met] with Chinese President Xi Jinping in San Francisco.
- Biden is expected to strike a deal with the Chinese that will limit the use of “artificial intelligence in nuclear weapons,” giving up a “strategic advantage” that the U.S. currently holds.
- Just nine months ago, Biden let a Chinese spy balloon surveil our entire country before finally shooting it down over the ocean.
- Despite Iran’s role in helping plot the Hamas terrorist attack on Israel, China continues to indirectly bankroll the largest state sponsor of terrorism, importing oil from Iran at record highs.
- Biden has no interest in getting tough on China, stating that he is for “de-risking, not decoupling with China” and stressing “I don’t wanna contain China.”
- His administration has echoed Biden’s sentiments, with Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo saying “we have no interest to hold China down, to hold China back.”
- Biden has enabled China to grow its influence, threaten American security, undermine the rules-based international order, and carry out human rights atrocities.
BIDEN PUTS CHINA FIRST, AMERICA LAST
- Biden has a long history of praising China and ignoring the danger it poses to American national security.
- Biden has downplayed the threat of China, saying “China is not our enemy,” “a rising China is a positive development” for the U.S., and they’re “not bad folks.”
- Biden led the effort to grant China “Most Favored Nation” status and supported their membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- Biden has repeatedly bragged about spending more time with Chinese President Xi Jinping than any other world leader – with The Washington Post giving this lie a “bottomless” Pinocchio.
- In June, Biden told a room of Democrat donors “don’t worry about China,” and in the past has declared he is “not concerned about China.”
- As president, Biden has continued his soft-on-China policy approach which has led to an emboldened China.
- China has conducted more than 180 risky intercepts against U.S. surveillance aircraft in the past two years, with Chinese air force and navy fighter pilots swooping within 15 feet of U.S. jets, discharging chaff, and even flipping a middle finger.
- Biden has ignored Chinese hackers breaching the email accounts of senior U.S. government officials.
- The Biden administration is allowing American universities that host chapters of the Confucius Institute, a Chinese Communist Party-backed program used to peddle influence and steal intellectual property, to circumvent a ban on receiving federal funds.
- Biden’s Secretary of State Antony Blinken recently traveled to China and met with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- During his visit, Blinken vowed to personally raise the cases of the wrongfully detained Americans, yet the only “commitment” he secured was a “commitment to continue to work hard on resolving these cases.”
- Asked about the Chinese spy balloon incident and if it’s water under the bridge, Blinken said “that chapter should be closed.”
BIDEN IS FAILING TO HOLD CHINA ACCOUNTABLE
- From national security to COVID, Biden has allowed China to strengthen its global position.
- Biden has failed to confront China on the origins of the coronavirus after promising he would “insist” on getting answers.
- Biden resumed funding for the WHO despite China’s significant influence over the organization.
- The Biden administration bought $1.3 billion worth of Chinese-made COVID tests to send to Americans.
- This past summer, Biden missed the deadline to declassify intelligence related to COVID origins and the Wuhan lab, and only days later did the administration release a 10-page report with few new details in an afterhours, Friday night news dump.
- Biden’s administration has failed to stand up to China on its human rights abuses like the Chinese Communist Party’s genocide of the Uyghurs.
- Climate Czar John Kerry prioritizes climate change over human rights, saying “life is always full of tough choices in the relationship between nations.”
- Biden failed to confront Xi Jinping after China flew a spy balloon across the United States.
- Biden did not respond with sanctions or diplomatic expulsions after China carried out a malicious cyberattack on Microsoft, despite vowing to hold the hackers accountable.
- Instead, Biden responded with “public shaming,” making the United States look like it “treats China with kid gloves.”
- This is in contrast with how the administration punished Russia with sanctions and diplomatic expulsions for a range of alleged malicious cyber activity.
- Biden approved license applications worth hundreds of millions of dollars for China’s blacklisted Huawei company despite its long history of deception, lying, and close ties to the Chinese Communist Party.
- In March 2021, the FCC deemed Huawei Technologies Co. a national security threat.
- The Biden White House has waffled on protecting U.S. national security when it comes to TikTok – saying there are “concerns” with the app while simultaneously doing everything they can to promote it.
- Soon after taking office, Biden reversed an executive order “that tried to ban the popular Chinese-owned video app.”
- This year, the Biden administration neutered its annual statement to mark the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre, dropping all references to CCP oppression in Hong Kong, Tibet, and Xinjiang.
BIDEN HAS DAMAGED ALLIANCES
- When it comes to America’s commitment to Taiwan, Biden has only created confusion.
- After Biden botched the Afghanistan withdrawal, China saw it as a sign that the U.S. would not defend Taiwan if attacked.
Start a conversation using these share links: